How beautiful is Autumn?! I love watching the leaves change colour and feeling the mornings and evenings start to become cool and crisp. When the seasons change, different foods become available, and it also alters the food we feel like eating. Autumn is the perfect time to start incorporating nourishing and grounding foods in our diet, tantalising our tastebuds with sweet, sour and salty flavours and warming spices and herbs.
This Thai Coconut Pumpkin Chicken Bowl using Hart & Soul’s pouch soup is perfect for a healthy lunch or dinner, or be the envy of the office when you use it for your meal preps. Its infused with fragrant Thai flavours in a coconut pumpkin base, so all you have to do is add chicken and veggies, sauté, dish up and you’re done! Meal prep made easy.
As much as I love making meals from scratch, I simply don’t always have the time, but don’t want to compromise on my health. Anyone else feeling me on this? So when I happened to come across the Hart & Soul soup kits on Instagram I wanted to give them a try. Hart & Soul is not only made by a Nutritionist (tick!), but are all natural, gluten free, GMO free, vegan, and have no preservatives. The ingredients are just food! You can imagine my excitement by this!
I then had the brilliant idea (yes I’m high-fiving myself for this) to use the pre-made soup packet as the base for my prepped meals this week. I’m always looking for enticing and creative ways to add delicious flavour to prepped meals to share with you all, without having to spend all Sunday in the kitchen. So this just worked perfectly.
Thai Coconut & Pumpkin Chicken Bowl (gf/df)
- 1x packet of Hart & Soul Coconut Pumpkin Soup (available at Woolworths)
- 500g chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 bunch tuscan kale, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- cooked brown or basmati rice to serve, approx. 1/2 cup (cooked) per serve – optional
- fresh Thai Basil and lime to serve, optional
- Dice chicken and place in a bowl with half the packet of Hart & Soul Coconut Pumpkin soup. Mix to coat the chicken and marinade in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Chop cauliflower, zucchini and kale and place in a separate bowl with the rest of the soup packet. Mix to coat.
- Heat a non-stick frypan or wok to high heat. Sauté the marinaded chicken in batches until cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside in a clean large bowl.
- Turn the heat down to low-medium, add the cauliflower, zucchini and kale to the pan with a few tablespoons of water. Put a lid over to sauté / steam the vegetables for about 8 minutes until slightly tender but not cooked.
- Remove the lid, add in the cooked chicken and mix through until heated.
- Serve hot over cooked rice, garnished with a few Thai basil leaves and a squeeze of fresh lime.